The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.

Special Use Permits (SUP)
These permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing environmental education and interpretation, scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

The Ozark Plateau National Wildlife Refuge issues the following SUPs:

Environmental Education
Research and Monitoring
Special Events

For more details, please see the SUP Guidelines. Additional information can be found at How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms.