• Permits

    Special use permits are issued for compatible secondary uses such as research, commercial uses including still and video photography, and other related activities on the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge. Permits are also required for hunting. Contact the refuge office for more information (419-898-0014 or

  • More Information

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered Species, Law Enforcement, and Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms.