Skip Navigation

Entrance Fees - As of September 1st, 2015

Fee Shield 160x150Purchasing an entrance pass allows visitors to directly contribute to and support Sam D. Hamilton Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge and ensures that the refuge will be able to continue providing services that enhance wildlife dependent recreational opportunities.

 As of September 1st, 2015, all refuge users need to purchase an entrance pass when spending time on the refuge.  Purchasing an entrance pass allows the refuge and its volunteers to provide better maintenance and improvements to trails, restrooms, roads, boat ramps, navigational signs, and other amenities that make your visit enjoyable.  The majority (80%) of funding from entrance passes returns back to the refuge.

All refuge visitors 16 years of age or older must have an entrance pass.  For vehicle drivers, a pass must be clearly displayed on vehicle's dash or rear view mirror, and is valid for up to five (5) of the vehicle's occupants.  Visitors arriving by bicycle, by motorcycle, or by foot must carry a pass on their person and be able to produce the pass upon request.  The refuge participates in the Federal Recreational Lands Pass program (including all the America the Beautiful passes.)   A current signed Federal duck stamp also serves as an entrance pass to the refuge.   Additional fees apply for deer and waterfowl hunting.  

Pass Type Who is eligible? Cost 
Noxubee Daily Pass Anyone $5
Noxubee Annual Pass Anyone $25
Federal Duck Stamp Anyone $25
Interagency Annual Pass Anyone $80
Interagency Annual Military Pass Active Military Personnel FREE
Interagency Senior Pass      US Citizens (age 62+) $10
Interagency Access Pass US Citizens (with permanent disability) FREE
Every Kid in a Park      4th Graders  (must have printed voucher from website     FREE


America The Beautiful Federal Recreational Lands Pass Information


Where can I purchase my pass?

All passes may be purchased at the Sam D. Hamilton Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center, which is open Tuesday-Friday 8:00-4:00 and Saturday 12:00-4:00.  Annual passes can now be purchased directly online and printed following your transaction.  The refuge participates in the Federal Recreational Lands Pass program.  In addition, a current signed Federal duck stamp also serves as an entrance pass to the refuge.  

Where can I purchase a pass if the Visitor Center is closed? 

You may purchase a Noxubee Daily Pass after hours by following the payment instructions at the drop box located near the front door of the Visitor Center.  Occasionally, the Visitor Center may be closed intermittently due to insufficient staffing or if staff are working in the field.

What forms of payment are accepted at the Visitor Center?

Only cash and checks are accepted at the Visitor Center at this time.  

If I want to hunt on the refuge, what permits and fees are required?

All hunters are required to carry an entrance pass (see table above).  In addition to an entrance pass, deer and waterfowl hunters must also purchase a hunting permit.  Waterfowl hunters must purchase permits for the draw online, while waterfowl standby permits and deer hunting permits and may be purchased at either the Visitor Center or online.  Click here for more information about hunting on the refuge.

Permit Type Cost Where can I purchase it?
Deer Hunting Permit      $15 Visitor Center/Online
Waterfowl Hunting Permit (draw) $15 Online
Waterfowl Hunting Permit (standby) $15 Visitor Center/Online

What types of activities require a Special Use Permit?

Activities that are not specifically stated as allowed in our Public Use Regulations brochure may require a Special Use Permit.  You can learn more about how to apply for a Special Use Permit by visiting our permits webpage or calling the refuge office at 662-323-5548.

Last Updated: Aug 12, 2016
Return to main navigation