Cranberry pool - Ken Sturm/USFWS.
Generally, all activities which are not available to the visiting public will require a Special Use Permit. Seasonally some activities may be allowed (generally in the winter) without permitting, but will require the refuge manager's concurrence. Permits are required for all upland small game hunting and big game hunting as well as some controlled waterfowl hunt areas. Contact the refuge office for additional information regarding permits.