Bald Eagle
  • Special Events

    Please contact the refuge manager at 208-436-3589 for information on permitting for special events, including fishing tournaments and tour groups. 

  • Passes

    Minidoka NWR does not require a pass for entrance to the refuge. Lake Walcott State Park does have fees, see "learn more"  for park information.  

    Learn More
  • Refuge Permits


    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits or contact the refuge manager at (208) 436-3589 for assistance.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.