Biologist work

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  

Special Use Permits (SUP)
These permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, and/or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward. 

At McFaddin National Wildlife Refuge, wildlife comes first.  For this reason, Special Use Permits (SUP) are required in order to conduct activities involving research, oil and gas operations, various commercial uses, and others uses, using the following forms:

Research and Monitoring SUP
General SUP
Commercial SUP  

Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site for more information on Special Use Permits.  Additional information can be found at How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms.