• Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs inInternational Affairs (Management Authority),Endangered Species,Law Enforcement, and Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

  • Passes

    Since U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service owned lands are officially closed to all visitor activities, with the exception of hunting, a U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service issued pass is not required to park on partnership lands within the Mashpee National Wildlife Refuge Partnership boundary.