Two-tailed swallowtail / C. Lohrengel-USFWS

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. 

Special Use Permits (SUP)
These permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

The Leslie Canyon National Wildlife Refuge issues SUPs for biological research and other activities that are considered appropriate and compatible with the mission of the refuge.

To learn more about or apply for a permit, please contact the refuge or visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.