Skip Navigation


Windmill 512x219

Although visiting Lacreek National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) does not require the purchase of a pass, we have provided this information should you wish to visit another of our country's treasures in the National Wildlife Refuge system. Special permits, however, are required for certain activities on Lacreek NWR. Please contact the office for more information on Special Use Permits.

  • Passes

    There are no passes required for Lacreek NWR. However, there are a series of passes that cover the entrance and standard amenity fees charged for using other federal recreational lands – including national wildlife refuges.  

    Existing Golden Eagle Passports and National Parks Passes with an expiration date will be honored until they expire. Paper versions of the Golden Age or Golden Access Passports should be exchanged for the new Senior or Access passes. However, plastic Golden Age or Access passes are valid for the pass holder's lifetime and do not need to be exchanged.
    The Senior and Access passes are good for the lifetime of the holder and make available (to the pass holder only) 50 percent discounts on some expanded amenity fees.
    For the first time, decals and hangtags are available: decals for those who park open-topped vehicles (like Jeeps) or motorcycles at unstaffed federal recreation sites, and hangtags for those who anticipate parking closed vehicles at unmanned facilities.
    Please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for more information about passes or download the PDF file to find out where to purchase passes near you.  You can order your passes online.

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward. 

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

Last Updated: Jul 16, 2014
Return to main navigation