Skip Navigation


The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.


Special Use Permits 

Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

At the Kofa National Wildlife Refuge, wildlife comes first. For this reason, Special Use Permits (SUP) are required in order to conduct the following types of activities

  • General Use (could include one-time events, other special events, and education activities) 
  • Research Use (could include surveys, monitoring, and collecting data) 
  • Commercial Use (could include commercial filming, guided hunts, and fee-based tours) 

SUPs for Kofa National Wildlife Refuge are associated with a $50 fee. Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site for more information on Special Use Permits. 

Additional information can be found at How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

Last Updated: Aug 12, 2013
Return to main navigation