permits kwr

Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

  • General Use

    general use pic

    Special Use Permits are also required for miscellaneous events (fishing tournaments, one-time events, other special events), education activity, and any other activity not mentioned. Weddings and other non-wildlife related gatherings are not authorized. Contact refuge management at least one month in advance to begin the permit process.

    Learn More
  • Commercial Use

    commercial use pic

    Any commercial operation, tour, guide is prohibited within the Refuge unless a Special Use Permit is issued by the Refuge Management. This includes, but is not limited to: birding tours; photography tours; fishing guides; commercial fishing, and sight-seeing tours.

    Commercial operations will not be permitted if it is determined:

    • There is likelihood of wildlife disturbance. 
    • There would be an unreasonable disruption of the public’s use and enjoyment of the site (beyond short-term interruptions). 
    • The activity poses a health or safety risk to the public

    Learn More
  • Research

    Research pic

    If you are a student, teacher, or other non-FWS organization interested in conducting research or educational on the refuge, we encourage you to contact refuge management at least one month in advance to begin the SUP process. If you are found conducting an activity that requires a SUP without the appropriate permission you could be subject to legal action.

    Learn More