Skip Navigation


  • Refuge Specific Permits


    A special use permit is required for all commercial visitor services and most other non-visitor use activities on Refuge lands.  The National Wildlife Refuge System has a specific permit process that the staff at the Refuge help you to navigate. Learn more...

  • Passes

    The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center has Senior and Access Passes available at the front desk.  These passes entitle the bearer to 50% discount off camping fees on federal lands on the Kenai Peninsula.  This includes Hidden Lake and Upper Skilak Campgrounds on the Refuge, and the Russian River Ferry access area.

    Paper versions of the Golden Age or Golden Access Passports should be exchanged for the new Senior or Access passes. However, plastic Golden Age or Access passes are valid for the pass holder's lifetime and do not need to be exchanged.

    Please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for more information about passes.

  • USFWS Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.


    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

Last Updated: Jul 17, 2015
Return to main navigation