Redhead ducks in Flight Chris Bailey 512x219

Permits allow for uses that enable the public to engage in wildlife related activities. Permits also promote conservation efforts on Service owned lands or wetland and grassland easements.

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.  

    For permits on lands operated by the Huron WMD please contact the Huron WMD Refuge Manager phone (605) 352-5894.

    For more information on Special Use Permits


  • Passes

    The Huron WMD does not require entry fees or passes to visit our properties, and we do not issue or sell passes at our station.