Sedges.  Credit: Sara Giles, USFWS.
  • Permits

    General special use permits are needed for after-hours access, special access to closed areas or any uses not expressly permitted. Permits are needed to access any islands that are part of the Huron National Wildlife Refuge except for Lighthouse Island.  Please address these special use permit questions to the Deputy Refuge Manager

    Colleges and Universities: For those wishing to conduct any Research, Inventory or Monitoring on the refuge please address special use permit questions and applications to the Wildlife Biologist.

    Download the Special Use Permit Application.