• Special Use Permit

     A Special Use Permit (SUP) is required for any activity on a refuge that is not already approved for the general-public. Examples include biological research and monitoring, commercial activities such as guided recreation and events, agricultural use, and commercial audio/visual recording, as well as general activities that require special access such as construction, educational events, and mapping and surveys. 

    Permits may require a fee, appropriate licenses, certifications, and/or insurance. In cases where activities are found to be incompatible with the refuge or beyond the resource capabilities of management, permits maybe may be denied.  For more information Special Use Permits, including SUP Applications, please visit:

    For more information about Special Use Permits at Humboldt Bay NWR please call (707) 733-5406.