Skip Navigation



The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

  • Permits

    Special use permits are issued for a variety of activities, like firewood removal, research, and education programs. Before accessing the refuge for activities beyond those listed on the Rules and Regulations page of this website, please contact the office to determine if your activity is allowed and/or requires a permit by calling 218-847-4431.

  • Passes

    Passes are not required at Hamden Slough National Wildlife Refuge.

Last Updated: Jan 24, 2013
Return to main navigation