Mallards 512

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  

  • Special Use Permits

    At the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge, wildlife comes first.  For this reason, Special Use Permits (SUP) are required in order to conduct the following types of activities:

    • Any commercial operation within the refuge boundary
    • Conducting biological research
    • Special events
    • Access to areas normally closed to the public
    • Collecting downed firewood

    If you are interested in conducting one of the above named activities on the refuge, we encourage you to contact refuge management at least one month in advance of your work to begin the SUP process.

    Thank you for helping us protect America's wildlife and wildlands.

    For more information, visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits. Or, go to How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms