There is no entry fee for Grays Harbor National Wildlife Refuge. Those interested in purchasing or acquiring passes for Federal Lands (an Interagency Annual Pass (old Golden Eagle), Senior Pass (old Golden Age), Access Pass, or Federal Duck Stamp), described in detail below, may do so at the Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Administration Office or the Norm Dicks Visitor Center in Olympia.  The address is 100 Brown Farm Road, Olympia, WA 98516.  Visitor Center hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Wednesday to Sunday.  The office is open for passes on Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.  

(Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Norm Dicks Visitor Center and the office are temporarily closed for the public.  When the buildings are opened again, we will announce this on our Website and Facebook.)

  • Passes

    A series of passes covers the entrance and standard amenity fees charged for using federal recreational lands – including national wildlife refuges.

    Existing Golden Eagle Passports and National Parks Passes with an expiration date will be honored until they expire. Paper versions of the Golden Age or Golden Access Passports should be exchanged for the new Senior or Access passes. However, plastic Golden Age or Access passes are valid for the pass holder's lifetime and do not need to be exchanged.

    The Senior and Access passes are good for the lifetime of the holder and make available (to the pass holder only) 50 percent discounts on some expanded amenity fees.

    For the first time, decals and hangtags are available: decals for those who park open-topped vehicles (like Jeeps) or motorcycles at unstaffed federal recreation sites, and hangtags for those who anticipate parking closed vehicles at unmanned facilities.

    Please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for more information about passes.

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.