Permits Hdr Photo 512 W

Annual Public Use Permits are required for visitors who participate in hunting or fishing activities. Permits are $20.00 each and are valid March 1st through February 29st of each year.

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and
    treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public
    to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited
    by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in
    a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation
    efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife
    management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Waterfowl Lottery Hunts -To Apply for Hunts Click Here

    Grand Cote Permits:

    Permits are available online, in person or by mail. 


    IN PERSON – Permits available at the refuge headquarters
    and at Kate and Ivy’s Grocery in Brouillette, and T-Town located in Jonesville, LA.
    Call the refuge office for more information.
    Permits may be purchased with cash or money order only.

    Information Nationally for U.S. Refuges:

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.