paper permits

Refuge Permit Process

Fallon NWR refuge does not require a permit or pass for entry, and there is no fee.  


Some refuges issue Special Use Permits for activities that may not be considered 'normal' recreation, however, there are no activities allowed at Fallon that would require a Special Use Permit.


The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.


Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms.