Skip Navigation



A raccoon fishing for a meal along Well Road

A North Mississippi NWR permit is required for all hunting and fishing activities. Raccoon hunting and frog hunting also require a special use permit which can be issued by the Refuge manager.

A Special Use Permit (SUP) is required for the following activities:

  • Research & Monitoring 
  • Commercial Activities 
  • Frog hunting 
  • Raccoon Hunting 
  • Trapping and/or Collecting any Wildlife or Plants 

For more information, visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service web page.

Page Photo Credits — Raccoon by L. Pace
Last Updated: Jan 17, 2014
Return to main navigation