The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. 

Special use permits for Clarence Cannon National Wildlife Refuge are available for compatible secondary uses such as research, commercial still and video photography, nuisance trapping and other related activities.

For more information, call the Refuge office at 573-847-2333 or visit the Fish and Wildlife Service website for a Special Use Permit form.