Permits 512 W
  • Permits

    Appropriate South Carolina hunting and fishing permits are required for fishing and hunting in the refuge.

    Those who engage in hunting rail or white-tailed deer on the refuge must have a signed hunt brochure on their persons. The hunt brochure serves as the refuge permit.

    A Special Use Permit (SUP) is required for commercial recreational activities in refuge waters. If you are not sure whether you need a SUP, please call the refuge headquarters office at (843) 928-3264.

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.