Permits Hdr Pic 512W
  • Permits

    How to Get Refuge Permits
    Permits are required for all hunters and fishermen regardless of age. When signed, a Bond Swamp Hunting and Fishing Regulations brochure serves as your permit. Permits may be obtained at the Stone Creek and Longleaf Pine Trail parking lots, the Piedmont Refuge headquarters in Jones County, by mail, telephone (478) 986 - 5441, or email at Please request Bond Swamp National Wildlife Refuge Hunting and Fishing Regulations brochure.

    Deer, waterfowl, and turkey quota hunt applications must be obtained from the refuge office. Requests can be made by phone, mail, or e-mail. Please provide complete postal address when you make your request.

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.