The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.

Special Use Permits
Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities, including wildlife-dependent recreation, and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

At the Bill Williams River National Wildlife Refuge, wildlife comes first. For this reason, Special Use Permits (SUP) are required in order to conduct the following types of activities

  • Commercial activities including but not limited to commercial canoe and kayak trips, commercial tours, guided fishing, commercial photography, commercially sponsored events...etc¬†
  • Scientific Research activities including but not limited to wildlife studies, vegetation studies, hydrologic studies...etc

Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site for more information on Special Use Permits.  Additional information can be found at How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts, or Application Forms.