Skip Navigation


Sandbar on Missouri River
  • Permits

    Special use permits are issued for compatible secondary uses such as research, commercial still and video photography, nuisance trapping and other related activities. Missouri state issued hunting and fishing permits are required. For more information, contact the refuge at 660-672-2806.

    For more Information:

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds. Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

Last Updated: Apr 12, 2017
Return to main navigation