- Sport fishing is authorized 24 hours a day, see below for prohibited fishing activities. All other activity is prohibited after sunset.
- Wildlife Observation and photography opportunities abound at the refuge.
- Check out the Banks Lake Outdoors concession for fishing gear and gift items.
- Picnic tables are available for visitors to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Banks Lake. Please put all trash in approved trash receptacles.
- Sport fishing is permitted as follows:* All state fishing regulations apply to this area. * Fishing is permitted only with pole and line or rod and reel. * No seine nets or throw nets allowed. No trotlines. * No dipping for minnows * Fishing gear must be attended at all times. * No turtles, frogs, or other animals may be collected or removed from the refuge.
- Swimming, wading, jet-skiing, and water-skiing is
Intoxicated or disorderly individuals are prohibited and subject to arrest and
All-terrain vehicles or utility vehicles (ATVs or UTVs) are prohibited.
Littering is prohibited.
may not place anything in the refuge for the purpose of attracting or
concentrating wildlife species.
Geocaching is not permitted.
Follow Us Online
Banks Lake is a premiere place to watch the rising moon, or the setting sun.