Upper Middle School to Adult
- Return of the Wolf – Successes and Threats in the US and Canada by Steve Grooms, 3rd edition, Nova Vista Publishing Company, 2005.
- The Red Wolf – Help Save This Endangered Species by Alison Imbriaco, Enslow Publishers, Inc., 2008.
- Wolves: Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation, edited by L. David Mech and Luigi Boitani, Chapter 11 – “Restoration of the Red Wolf” by Michael K. Phillips, V. Gary Henry and Brian T. Kelly, The University of Chicago Press, 2003.
- Meant To Be Wild – The Struggle to Save Endangered Species Through Captive Breedingby Jan DeBlieu, Chapter 1, “The Wolves of Alligator River,” Fulcrum Printing, 1993;
- Hoagland on Nature by Edward Hoagland, Essay Collection, “Lament the Red Wolf,” pgs. 87-130, The Lyons Press, 2003.
- Another Country – Journeying Toward the Cherokee Mountains by Christopher Camuto, Henry Holt, 1997.
- The Red Wolf by Alvin Silverstein, Virginia Silverstein and Robert Silverstein; the Millbrook Press,1994
- Gray Wolf, Red Wolf by Dorothy Hinshaw Patent, Sandpiper Publisher, 1994.
- Journey of the Red Wolf by Roland Smith, Dutton Juvenile, 1996; (Grades 5-9)
- Red Wolf Country by Jonathon London, Dutton Children’s Books, 1996
- Red Wolves – And Then There Were (Almost) None by Meish Goldish, Bearport Publishing, 2009
- The Red Wolf by Fred Harrington, The Library of Wolves and Wild Dogs, PowerKids Press, 2002.
- Southeastern Naturalist – Volume 1, Number 2, 2002, “The Original Status of Wolves in Eastern North America” by Robert M. Nowak.
- International Wolf Magazine, Winter 2007 – Special Red Wolf Issue – Published by the International Wolf Center
Far Traveler Curriculum
“Far Traveler: A Teacher’s Companion to Red Wolf Recovery” offers a variety of interactive activities and lessons for grades K-8. Curriculum materials integrate critical thinking skills, reading comprehension, and vocabulary development into lessons about the red wolf.
This fun and interactive site for kids provides information about wolves and other wildlife. Also includes a special section for teachers.