FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE
NATIONAL POLICY ISSUANCE #96-02
SUBJECT: Fish and Wildlife Service Customer Service Standards
A. POLICY: To strengthen support for our mission and to ensure quality service to our internal and external customers, employees will incorporate the Service's Customer Service Standards into all management practices and operations so that our service matches or exceeds the best available in the private sector. These six "core" customer service standards are listed in the appendix.
B. SCOPE: Servicewide.
1. This issuance provides all Service employees with a set of customer service standards that will guide our actions as dedicated public servants.
2. Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring that the standards are posted in appropriate areas and that employees are made aware of the standards and their related responsibilities. All employees are expected to comply fully with the spirit and intent of the standards.
3. Service offices are encouraged to add to this list of core standards others that are more specific to the range of customer service activities they provide.
D. DEFINITION: Customer service: providing the highest quality service possible to meet the needs of our internal and external customers.
E. AUTHORITIES: Executive Order No. 12862, September 11, 1993 ("Setting Customer Service Standards").
G. INCORPORATION: This issuance incorporates the Service's Customer
Service Standards into the National Policy Issuance System.
John G. ROGERS
The mission of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is to conserve, protect, and enhance fish and wildlife and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people. In fulfilling that mission we will provide you with the best possible service so that you can enjoy these natural resources now and in the future.
We are committed to the following standards of service:
* Treating you with courtesy
* Responding to you in a timely and professional manner
* Maintaining a professional appearance and positive attitude
* Helping you understand who we are and what we do
* Keeping public facilities safe, clean, and accessible
* Working in partnership with you to conserve fish and wildlife resources
We welcome your comments and suggestions.