Seining in a Stream with Partners. Credit: Brian Jonkers / USFWS


About Partnerships

Building Partnerships

Partnership Tools



Partnership Links










The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service may transfer money or property to a partner if supported under the agency’s authorizing legislation, appropriation statute, or program-specific legislation. There are several ways for the Service to do so and the choice depends on the degree of Federal involvement.

Grant agreements are used where the Service does not anticipate continuing involvement in the project once funds have been transferred.

Cooperative agreements are used when the Service anticipates substantial involvement in the execution of the project. (See Types of Partnerships)

Service Grants Programs

All Federal Grants Programs:

Last updated: April 9, 2014