Skip Navigation

Waterfowl Sale and Disposal Permit

A federal Waterfowl Sale and Disposal permit authorizes the sale, donation, release, or other disposal of waterfowl. Waterfowl species include members of the family Anatidae (ducks, geese, brant, and swans).

Permit Details

Fee: $75

Duration: 5 years

Application: Form 3-200-9

Reporting: Annual (Jan. 31)

Annual Report: Form 3-202-2

Transfer Form:  Form 3-186

Regulation: 50 CFR § 21.25

Please Note:

Waterfowl and their eggs may not be taken from the wild

  • - Purchasing: A permit is not required to purchase or acquire properly marked, captive-reared waterfowl (See 50 CFR 21.14)

  • - Mallards: You do not need a federal permit to raise and sell properly marked, captive-reared mallards (See 50 CFR 21.13).

  • - Muscovy Ducks: You do not need a federal permit to raise and sell captive-reared muscovy ducks (See 50 CFR 21.54 ). Release of Muscovy ducks outside their natural ranges is prohibited.

Please contact our office at  or 503-872-2715 if you have questions about permits.

Last Updated: May 12, 2016
Return to main navigation