Federal Employment Benefits
Why the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is a great place to work!
Conservation of natural resources impacts many facets of American life. FWS is committed to playing a critical role in protecting and enhancing fish and wildlife, as well as their habitats. As a FWS employee, you will become a part of the growing and diverse workforce who works to make measurable improvements in conservation by providing the expertise that sustains many healthy ecosystems.
At the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, you are eligible for a wide range of comprehensive benefits such as:
- A varied selection of cost-shared health insurance plans
- Life insurance coverage options
- Comprehensive retirement benefits
- A tax-deferred Thrift Savings Plan (401K)
- 13 to 26 vacation days, based on total Federal service
- 13 paid sick leave days per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Possible eligibility for flexible work schedules and telecommuting
- Paid transit benefits
- Overtime pay