Free Entrance Fee - Celebrate National Wildlife RefugesSunday, October 9, 2016 -
1/2 hour before Sunrise to 1/2 hour after Sunset
Sunday, October 9, 2016 - 1/2 hour before Sunrise to 1/2 hour after Sunset - The Refuge's $4.00 entrance fee will be waived to celebrate National Wildlife Refuge System week.
The Refuge’s $4.00 entrance fee will be waived to celebrate National Wildlife Refuge System week and invite people to visit Bombay Hook. It's a great opportunity spend the day exploring or relaxing in nature. Migratory waterfowl are arriving and a variety of shorebirds and tall wading birds are still present on the Refuge. This is also a good time of year to look for migratory raptors.
- Drive the 12-mile wildlife drive.
- Hike the 5 short trails and look out from the three 30' observation towers.
- Look at the exhibits in the Visitor Center.
- Borrow binoculars and bird identification field guides.
- Photograph wildlife and landscapes.