Night Surf FishingMonth of October (except hunt dates of October 24-25)
Special Use Permits will be issued, beginning Monday, September 19th for access to the refuge beachfront for night surf fishing.
- Permits give fishermen access to the beach every night in October (except October 24&25) from sunset to 12AM.
- The zone between the Seaside and Dune Trails is open to night surf fishing.
- Permits cost $35.00/person (cash or check). A photo ID and fishing license (or proof of exemption) are required to purchase a permit.
- Regulations will be provided upon permit purchase.
- Permits are available at the Refuge Administrative Building (1324 Sandbridge Road) from 9:00am-3:00pm Monday - Friday. Permits are also available at the Visitor Center (4005 Sandpiper Road) from 9:00am-3:30pm Tuesday - Saturday. You may call ahead to ensure someone is available to sell you a pass.
All fishermen must have their permit and license on their person while fishing on the beach. The permit number must match the number on the hanging vehicle tag.
Page Photo Credits Red Drum/Andrew Kumjian (with permission of Mark Feltner)
Last Updated: Sep 08, 2016