Night Surf FishingMonth of October (except hunt dates of October 26-28)
Special Use Permits will be issued for access to the refuge beachfront for night surf fishing.
- Permits give fishermen access to the beach every night in October (except October 26-28) from sunset to 12AM.
- The zone between the Seaside and Dune Trails are open to night surf fishing.
- Permits cost $35.00/person. A photo ID and fishing license (or proof of exemption) are required to purchase a permit.
- Regulations will be provided upon permit purchase.
- Check out the Permit Sales page or call (757)301-7329 for more information.
All fishermen must have their permit and license on their person while fishing on the beach. The permit number must match the hanging vehicle tag.
Page Photo Credits Red Drum/Andrew Kumjian (with permission of Mark Feltner)
Last Updated: Sep 06, 2015