Step A: Preplanning
What is preplanning?
An overview of what will be encountered in the planning process and how to "plan the plan." Many preplanning tasks are occurring at almost the same time, with frequent interplay among them.
- Establish the Planning Team
- Identify Refuge Purpose(s), History, and Establishing Authority
- Identify Planning and Compliance Requirements and Special Designations
- Identify the Purpose and Need for the Plan
- Identify the Planning Area and Data Needs
- Review all Available Information, Plans, Data, Maps, and Data Standards
- Draft a Vision Statement and Goals
- Complete Internal Scoping
- Conduct Public Involvement/Outreach Planning
- Develop a Work Plan/Planning Schedule
- Create a Planning Record
December 21, 2011