Recent Publications of the Fish Health Center
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Barbash, P., J. Fletcher, A. Carta, S. Summerfelt, J. Bebak-Williams, D. Creaser. 2008. Reductions in bacterial micro-organisms by filtration and ozonation of the surface water supply at the USFWS Northeast Fishery Center, in Advances in Fisheries Bioengineering, Symposium 61 American Fisheries Society. 231 p. ISBN: 978-1-934874-02-8
- Blazer, V.S., L.R. Iwanowicz, C.E. Starliper, D.D. Iwanowicz, P. Barbash, J.D. Hedrick, S.J. Reeser, J.E. Mullican, S.D. Zaugg, M.R. Burkhardt, and J. Kelble. 2010. Mortality of centrarchid fishes in the Potomac Drainage: Survey results and overview of potential contributing factors. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 22: 190-218.
(.pdf - 1,004 KB)
- Ford, L.A., P.A. Barbash, and R.C. Cipriano. 1998. Control of furunculosis and enteric redmouth disease in sea-run Atlantic salmon Broodstock in the Connecticut and Merrimack rivers. The Progressive Fish-Culturist 60: 88-94.
(.pdf - 59 KB)
- Glenney, G. and Lora Petrie-Hanson 2006. Fate of fluorescent microspheres in developing Ictalurus punctatus following prolonged immersion. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. 20:758-768.
- Glenney, G. and Lora Petrie-Hanson 2006. Fate of intraperitoneally injected fluorescent microspheres in developing Ictalurus punctatus. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. 21:32-41.
- Glenney, G.W., Wiens G.D. 2007. Early diversification of the TNF superfamily in teleosts: genomic characterization and expression analysis. Journal of Immunology. Jun 15;178(12)7955-73.
- Glenney,G.W, Julian, J.T, and W.M Quartz. 2010. Preliminary amphibian health survey in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health. 22:102-112.
- Glenney, G.W., P.W. Barbash, J.A. Coll, and W.M. Quartz. 2012. Isolation and molecular characterization of a novel infectious pancreatic necrosis virus strain in returning Alantic Salmon Salmo salar from the Connecticut River, USA. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 24: 63-72.
(.pdf - 388 KB)
- Glenney, G.W., P.W. Barbash, and J.A. Coll. 2016. Initial detection and molecular characterization of Namaycush herpesvirus (salmonid herpesvirus 5) in Lake Trout. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 28:46-55.
- Glenney, G.W., P.W. Barbash, and J.A. Coll. 2016. A quantitative polymerase chain reaction assay for the detection and quantification of epizootic epitheliotropic disease virus (EEDV; salmonid herpesvirus 3). Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 28: 56-57.
- Nerette, P., I. Dohoo, L. Hammell, N. Gagne, P. Barbash, S. MacLean, and C. Yason. 2005. Estimation of the repeatability and reproducibility of three diagnostic tests for infectious salmon anaemia virus. Journal of Fish Diseases 28: 101 - 110.
- Rette, P. N., I. Dohoo, L. Hammell, N. Gagn, P. Barbash, S. MacLean and C. Yason. 2005. Estimation of the repeatability and reproducibility of three diagnostic tests for infectious salmon anemia virus. Journal of Fish Disease 28: 101-110.
- Sima H., G.W. Glenney, T.J. Welch, J.T. Silverstein, and G.D. Wiens. 2008. Spleen Size Predicts Resistance of Rainbow Trout to Flavobacterium psychrophilum Challenge. J. Immunol. 180:4156 - 4165.
- Walsh, H.L., L.R. Iwanowicz, G.W. Glenney, D.D. Iwanowicz, and V.S. Blazer. 2012. Description of two new gill Myxozoans from Smallmouth (Micropterus dolomieu) and Largemouth (Micropterus salmoides) Bass. Journal of Parasitology 98:414-422.
- Wiens, G.D., G. Glenney, S.E. LaPatra, and T. Welch. 2006. Identification of novel rainbow trout (Onchorynchus mykiss) chemokines, CXCd1 and CXCd2: mRNA expression following Yersinia ruckeri vaccination and challenge. Immunogenetics 58:308-323.
- Wiens, G. D., and G. W. Glenney. 2011. Evolution of tumor necrosis factor superfamily ligands and receptors. Developmental and Comparative
Technical Reports & Bulletins:
- Barbash, P., J.W. Fletcher, A. Carta, S. Summerfelt, J. Williams, and D. Creaser. 2002. Reductions in bacterial micro-organisms by filtration and ozonation of the surface water supply at the USFWSNortheastFisheryCenter. Technical Information Leaflet LM-02-03. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, NortheastFisheryCenter, Lamar, PA.
- Coll, J.A. 2000. The National Wild Fish Health Survey - concept and recent findings/applications. Proceedings: Third East Coast Trout Management and Culture Workshop. June 6-8, 2000.