|Bald Eagle Management Guidelines
Determining Whether Construction or Development Activities May Disturb Nesting Bald Eagles: Step 2
Step 2. Is the nest visible from the project or activity area?
Select “yes” if the nest is visible from where the activity will be conducted. Select “no” if the nest is not visible from the project or activity area.
Yes - Click here to continue.
No - Click here to continue.
|Management at a Glance
Two factors most influence an eagle's response to human activity:
- The activity's visibility from the eagle nest and;
- The regular occurrence of similar activities near the nest.
General recommendations to avoid disturbing nesting bald eagles:
- Keep distance between the activity and the nest (distance buffers).
- Maintain forested or natural areas between the activity and the nest tree (landscape buffers).
- Avoid certain activities during the nesting season (timing buffers).