The Federal Activities Program is charged with the protection, restoration and enhancement of fish and wildlife habitat in the New England states. We do so primarily under the authorization of Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act and the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. The Service works cooperatively with its Federal, State and Local partners to assess impacts of proposed projects on fish and wildlife resources and habitats.
Types of projects we offer comments and technical expertise on include transportation projects, dredging and flood control projects, energy, fish passage, dam removal and dredging. The Service also helps to develop appropriate compensation for projects with unavoidable impacts.
· Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act of 1958
· National Environmental Policy Act of 1969
· Section 404 of the Clean Water Act
· Environmental Protection Agency, New England Region
· Migratory Bird Treaty Act
· National Wetlands Inventory