East Lansing Ecological Services Field Office

Midwest Region


East Lansing Field Office
2651 Coolidge Road
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone: 517-351-2555
Fax: 517-351-1443
TTY: 1-800-877-8339

(Federal Relay)

e-mail: EastLansing@fws.gov

Map and Directions


Connect With Us

Facebook icon Flickr icon
RSS Twitter icon
YouTube icon  

Kirtland's Warbler tour logo


Great Lakes Restoration Initiative logo


Buy Duck Stamps icon

Endangered Species Day icon


Frequently Asked Questions


Where do I take injured birds and other wildlife? 

Injured wildlife can be taken to a wildlife rehabilitator. The Michigan DNRE has a list of licensed rehabilitators and their contact information at http://www.michigandnr.com/dlr/.


Who can I call to ask questions about Canada geese problems?

Michigan DNRE information about Canada geese problems - http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10370_12145_25065-59467--,00.html.


Who can I call about nuisance animals problems like bats in the attic or raccoons in the garbage?

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources website also has information about nuisance wildlife that includes information about preventing damage



What can I do about a woodpecker pecking at my house?

The Cornell Lab of Ornithology has information on how to keep woodpeckers from hammering on your house. See http://www.birds.cornell.edu/wp_about/control.html


How do I stop birds from hitting my windows?

The Cornell Lab of Ornithology has advice at http://www.allaboutbirds.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1184.

How do I get National Park access permits, camping permits, Golden Eagle permits, Golden Eagle Passports, or enroll in other access Programs to National Parks?

Camping and other access permits for National Parks are administered by the National Park Service, another agency within the U.S. Department of Interior. Visit the  NPS web site for a list of National Park access permits, programs and fees.


Where can I get boating, hunting, and fishing information and licenses?

In the State of Michigan, Hunting and Fishing License sales are administered by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment, or their licensed commercial vendors, which include bait shops, gun and sporting goods stores, and many major retail department stores.  Boat registration is also administered by the Michigan DNRE.  


Where can I get a federal "duck stamp?" 

The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service issues Federal Migratory Waterfowl Stamps.  These stamps are required to hunt migratory waterfowl in the United States, and are also popular among collectors. However, the East Lansing Field Office does not sell these stamps. Stamps can be purchased at most U.S. Postal Service Offices, and at many major sporting goods retailers. 


Where do I gent National Wetland Inventory maps?

National Wetland Inventory (NWI) maps (based upon U.S Geological Survey topographic maps) were produced by the Service.  To learn more about NWI visit the Service's NWI web pages.  NWI Maps can be purchased through various Cooperator-Run Distribution Centers. Each Center establishes its own pricing structure, product types and ordering procedures. For more information about NWI Map Sales and Distribution, visit the Service's NWI distribution web page. 


What are the Service's trust resources?

Trust resources are those resources for which the Service has been given specific responsibilities under federal law.  These include migratory birds, interjurisdictional fishes (fish species that may cross state lines), federally listed threatened or endangered species, some marine mammals, and lands owned by the Service. 


East Lansing Field Office Home

Last updated: February 10, 2016
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Home Page | Department of the Interior  | USA.gov  | About the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service  | Accessibility  | Privacy  | Notices  | Disclaimer  | FOIA