Minnesota Wisconsin Ecological Services Field Office

Midwest Region


Minnesota Wisconsin Field Office

4101 American Boulevard East
Bloomington, MN 55425
Phone: 952-252-0092
Fax: 952-646-2873
TTY: 1-800-877-8339 (Federal Relay)

e-mail: TwinCities@fws.gov



Connect With Us


Facebook icon

Flickr icon
RSS Twitter icon
YouTube icon  



Buy Duck Stamps icon Endangered Species Day icon


Great Lakes Restoration Initiative logo



Frequently Asked Questions


Where do I take injured birds and other wildlife? 

Injured wildlife can be taken to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota. Location, contact information, and a useful FAQ are found on their website.


The Raptor Center has information about what to do for injured birds and where to take injured raptors (hawks, falcons, eagles, and owls).


Who can I call to ask questions about Canada geese problems?

Minnesota DNR information about Canada geese problems - http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/livingwith_wildlife/geese/index.html


Minnesota DNR Wildlife Offices - http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/contact/locator.html


What can I do about a woodpecker pecking at my house?

The Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a information on how to keep woodpeckers from hammering on your house. See http://www.birds.cornell.edu/wp_about/control.html


How do I stop birds from hitting my windows?

The Cornell Lab of Ornithology has advice at http://www.allaboutbirds.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1184


How do I get National Park access permits, camping permits, Golden Eagle permits, Golden Eagle Passports, or enroll in other access Programs to National Parks?

Camping and other access permits for National Parks are administered by the National Park Service, another agency within the U.S. Department of Interior. Visit the  NPS web site for a list of National Park access permits, programs and fees.


Where can I get boating, hunting, and fishing information and licenses?

In the State of Minnesota, Hunting and Fishing License sales are administered by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, or their licensed commercial vendors, which include bait shops, gun and sporting goods stores, and many major retail department stores.  Boat registration is also administered by the Minnesota DNR.  


Where can I get a federal "duck stamp?" 

The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service issues Federal Migratory Waterfowl Stamps.  These stamps are required to hunt migratory waterfowl in the United States, and are also popular among collectors. However, the Twin Cities Field Office does not sell these stamps. Stamps can be purchased at most U.S. Postal Service Offices, and at many major sporting goods retailers. 


Where do I get National Wetland Inventory maps?

National Wetland Inventory (NWI) maps (based upon U.S Geological Survey topographic maps) were produced by the Service.  To learn more about NWI visit the Service's NWI web pages.  NWI Maps can be purchased through various Cooperator-Run Distribution Centers.


What is Ecological Services?

Ecological Services (ES) is a branch of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.  The Twin Cities ES Field Office has three ES Programs or areas of concentration, including:


1. Conservation Planning Assistance: Assistance for federal agencies in analyzing impacts to fish and wildlife resources caused by projects they fund, license, perform, or permit.


2. Endangered Species: Listing and recovery of federally threatened or endangered species, and consultation with federal agencies to ensure their compliance with section 7 of the Endangered Species Act of 1973


3. Environmental Contaminants: Identifies and attempts to prevent harm caused by environmental contaminants to the Service's Trust Resources, and assists recovery of damaged habitats that support trust species. 


What are the Service's trust resources?

Trust resources are those resources for which the Service has been given specific responsibilities under federal law.  These include migratory birds, interjurisdictional fishes (fish species that may cross state lines), federally listed threatened or endangered species, some marine mammals, and lands owned by the Service. 




Minnesota Wisconsin ES Office Home

Last updated: January 9, 2020