Waterfowl Quota Hunt
- A Quota Permit is required to hunt waterfowl on Champion Lake and Little Champion Lake during the waterfowl season on the refuge. See Quota Hunt Application Procedures. Permits will be limited to 8 per weekend on Champion Lake and 4 per weekend on Little Champion Lake. Successful applicants are eligible for only one hunt per lake. Signed refuge permits, a signed and affixed Federal Duck Stamp, and applicable State licenses are required.
- Bag limits: Same as state
- Permits: Quota hunt, see below for application procedure
To apply for a permit, applicants must submit a self-addressed U.S Postal Service postcard to the Refuge Manager during the entire month of October. Index cards and any other post card other than the U.S. Postal Service postcard will not be accepted. The senders name and address should be on the front-center of the post card. A party of up to four hunters may apply on the same postcard-one hunter on the front, three on the back. Please provide the following information for each applicant:
- Contact Number
- Hunt Season Preference-Indicate one weekend by date
- Hunt location-Champion or Little Champion Lake
This is what your application card should look like upon completion.
Place your application card in an envelope and mail to Reelfoot NWR, 4343 Hwy 157, Union City, TN 38261.
Incomplete or duplicate applications will be disqualified.
Both the juvenile and his/her supervising adult must apply together on the same postcard in order to be eligible for a refuge permit. If selected, the juvenile must be under direct supervision of the adult during the hunt.
If you need more information please contact the refuge at 731/738-2296.