Office of Law Enforcement
Protecting Wildlife and Plant Resources
Other Import/Export Contacts

For general information on U.S. requirements for importing and exporting, contact your local U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office by phone or check out CBP trade information at:

If you have general questions about traveling overseas, call your local CBP office or review CBP information here:

For questions about importing or exporting farm animals (such as pigs or goats); livestock; live birds, poultry or eggs for hatching; pets (including cats and dogs); zoo animals that may require health certificates; live plants; and animal and plant products that may represent a threat to U.S. agriculture, contact:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
National Center for Import & Export

301-734-8364 (phone)
301-734-6402 (fax)
Live animal questions by email:
Animal product questions by email:

For information about importing cats, dogs, turtles, monkeys and other animals that can cause human disease, contact:

Centers for Disease Control
1600  Clifton Road
Atlanta, Georgia  30333
800-CDC-INFO (toll free)
Contact by email  

Last updated: March 29, 2013