The Big Picture
The spread of invasive alien species is creating complex and far-reaching challenges that threaten both the natural biological riches of the earth and the well being of its citizens. While the problem is global, the nature and severity of the impacts on society, economic life, health, and natural heritage are distributed unevenly across nations and regions. Thus, some aspects of the problem require solutions tailored to the specific values, needs, and priorities of nations while others call for consolidated action by the larger world community.
- Global Strategy on Invasive Alien Species, McNeely et al. 2001
What's It All About?
This module on The Big Picture will provide you with a look at
- the many definitions that are used to define invasive plants
- how invasive plants are transported from their origin to new destinations
- the actions that are being taken to solve invasive plant problems
- the success stories despite the challenges