Employment and Salary Verification
To verify employment and salary information, the Service uses a service called “The Work Number”. The Work Number can be found at http://www.theworknumber.com/ or by calling 1-800-367-5690. The Service’s employer number is: 10737.
The Work Number is an automated service providing employees control over common human resource and payroll functions. The Work Number's most popular feature is its employment and income verification service. It is used by lenders, property managers, pre-employment screeners, and others who need to verify someone's employment status and sometimes, income as well. Typically, verifications are required when a person applies for a loan or public aid, leases an apartment, updates their immigration status, or applies for a job.
The Work Number provides different "types" of verifications for different purposes. For example, if you are looking for a job, your future employer might want to check your past employment while a mortgage lender will typically need to verify your income before giving you a loan. However, you must give someone permission to get your income information from the service. Giving permission is an easy process. You can do online or by using any touch-tone telephone.
These instructions apply if you want someone to verify your employment only (no income).
1. Provide your verifier with your Social Security Number and the Service’s employer number, 10737.
2. Tell your verifier to visit http://www.theworknumber.comand register inside the verifier area.
These instructions apply if you want someone to verify your employment and income.
1. Create a Salary Key at The Work Number website - http://www.theworknumber.com
The Salary Key as your electronic signature or permission. When you give a Salary Key to someone, they can verify your income one time.
2. Provide your verifier with your Social Security Number, the Service’s employer number, 10737, and a Salary Key.
3. Tell your verifier to visit http://www.theworknumber.comand register inside the verifier area.