Get reeled into fishing with the new Junior Ranger Let’s Go Fishing! Booklet.
Gear up and get ready to:
Explore national parks, national wildlife refuges, and fish hatcheries to have safe and enjoyable fishing trips!
Learn about fishing, aquatic habitats and fishing safety.
Protect native fish and the habitats on which they depend.
Start earning the title of Junior Ranger Angler!
(P.S. - “Angler” is someone who fishes with a rod and line.)
You might even get over your heebie-jeebies for all things slimy and catch the fishing fever, or maybe even a fish!
Junior Ranger Let's Go Fishing! Activity Booklet and Badge
Are you ready to earn your Junior Ranger Angler badge?
Follow these easy steps:
- Download the booklet or contact your favorite hatchery, refuge, or park to see if booklets and badges are available.
- Complete as many activities in the book as you can.
- Then take your completed booklet back to a participating hatchery or refuge, or email a photo of your completed booklet to a participating national park.
List of Participating Hatcheries, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office, and Alaska
- Allegheny National Fish Hatchery, Pennsylvania
- Anchorage - Regional Office, Alaska
- Berkshire National Fish Hatchery, Massachusetts
- Chattahoochee Forest National Fish Hatchery, Georgia
- Coleman National Fish Hatchery, California
- Craig Brook National Fish Hatchery, Maine
- Creston National Fish Hatchery, Montana
- Dale Hollow National Fish Hatchery, Tennessee
- Edenton National Fish Hatchery, North Carolina
- Garrison Dam National Fish Hatchery, North Dakota
- Hotchkiss National Fish Hatchery, Colorado
- Inks Dam National Fish Hatchery, Texas
- Jackson National Fish Hatchery, Wyoming
- Jones Hole National Fish Hatchery, Utah
- Lower Great Lakes Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office, Basom, New York
- Mammoth Spring National Fish Hachery, Arkansas
- North Attleboro National Fish Hatchery, Massachusetts
- Spring Creek National Fish Hatchery, Washington
- Tishomingo National Fish Hatchery, Oklahoma
- White Sulphur Springs National Fish Hatchery, West Virginia
- Wolf Creek National Fish Hatchery, Kentucky
Let's Go Fishing. Catch the Fun!
Fishing. One of America’s favorite outdoor pastimes. People fish for many reasons: spending time and creating memories with family and friends, enjoying the challenge of catching a fish, being outdoors and near water, or for many, just soaking in some quiet solitude. Whatever your reason, whether you’re a longtime angler or a newcomer, we can help you learn more about fishing and the fish you might catch.
Do you know where you can fish? Use the links below to find places to fish near you!
Fishing on National Fish Hatcheries
Take Me Fishing!