How Can I Deal With Nuisance or Injured Wildlife?
Office of External Affairs
There are many humane ways to control wildlife in 'unwelcome' situations and places. For general information to aid in solving common wildlife problems visit The Humane Society of the United States web site. Please contact your local wildlife rehabilitator or Humane Society for further assistance. Wildlife rehabilitators can be located on the web by conducting an Internet search using 'wildlife rehabilitation' as the keyword. Local chapters of the Humane Society are listed in the blue pages of your telephone directory.

If you encounter orphaned wildlife on your property, please take time to observe the animal's behavior before attempting rescue. Many baby animals appear to be orphaned when actually they are being watched by their parents. Usually the parents will return once you leave. Please visit the The Humane Society of the United States web site for more information on how to deal with orphans. Please consult with your local humane society, animal control office, or veterinarian for advice on how to assist injured wildlife.

For additional information about this Web page, please contact us.

Last updated: April 9, 2014
List of Frequently Asked Questions
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Home Page | Department of the Interior  |  | About the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service  | Accessibility  | Privacy  | Notices  | Disclaimer  | FOIA