How Can I Find Employment Information?
Office of External Affairs
The Fish and Wildlife Service jobs site has links to the current vacancies. (New vacancies appear frequently, so check back regularly.) For career and other employment information, please visit the Human Captial sites. That site also explains the procedures for applying for Federal employment.

Information on student employment (Pathways Program) is available through our Division of Human Captial . Typically, enrollees in this program are not beyond their third year of an undergraduate program.

The Fish and Wildlife Service does not offer an 'internship' program at this time. The Department of the Interior and the Service are working on a Biological Science Intern Program, which is still in its infancy and not yet fully developed. More details on this program will be posted once they are made available.

If you are interested in summer employment, please check with the Regional Office that serves the geographical area in which you are interested. Temporary employment opportunities will also be posted on the Office of Personnel Management's USAJOBS web site , so check back frequently.

If you are interested in volunteer opportunities within the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, please visit the Volunteers page , or call 1-800-344-WILD.

For information regarding this Web page, please contact us
Last updated: December 16, 2014
List of Frequently Asked Questions
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Home Page | Department of the Interior  |  | About the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service  | Accessibility  | Privacy  | Notices  | Disclaimer  | FOIA