- ES Home
- What We Do
- Candidate Conservation
- Listing and Critical Habitat
- For Landowners
- About Us
- FWS Regions
- Laws & Policies
- For Kids
Laws & Policies | Federal Register Notices
Federal Register notices of proposed and final listing decisions, critical habitat designations, recovery plans, policies, and other announcements issued by the Endangered Species Program national and regional offices from 1994 onward, can be found in the Service's centralized library of Federal Register notices.
Announcements soliciting public comment on permit applications can be found in the "Notices" section of each year. Proposed, reviewed policies, special rules, and listing actions are codified in the Code of Federal Regulations.
These Federal Register documents do not include those published for foreign endangered or threatened species. They also do not include documents related to the administration or implementation of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered and Threatened Species (CITES).
Access the Service's library of Federal Register notices.
Access a list and description of all laws (treaties, Executive Orders, etc.) affecting the Service.
What We Do
- Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs)
- Safe Harbor Agreements
- Candidate Conservation Agreements
- Candidate Conservation Agreements with Assurances
- Recovery Credits and Tax Deductions
- Conservation Banking
- Conservation Plans Database
- Information, Planning and Conservation System (IPaC)
- Recovery Online Activity Reporting System (ROAR)
- News Stories
- Featured Species
- Recovery Success Stories
- Endangered Species Bulletin
- Partnership Stories