Government employees who are engaged in natural resource negotiations including landscape conservation cooperatives, biologists, and project leaders.
Summary and Objectives:
This training course presents participants with advanced principles, skills, and techniques used in natural resource negotiation. The focus of the course is strategy development and effective management of negotiating teams. Previous negotiating experience and the Negotiation Skills for Conservation Professionals: Building a Foundation (CLM8135) course are prerequisites for this course. If you have not attended the prerequisite course, please consult with the course leader before registering.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Diagnose natural resource negotiations.
- Plan multi-party, long-term negotiations.
- Select, assemble, and lead an effective negotiation team.
- Obtain and apply technical information in a negotiation process.
- Successfully lead a negotiating team.
- Apply negotiation strategies to a variety of management situations.
- Coach others in the negotiation process.