ANS Task Force
November 9-10, 2016
Falls Church, VA
The meeting will be held in the Lucille Stickel Conference Room at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Headquarters:
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
5275 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
If you plan to attend, please register for the meeting at: https://goo.gl/forms/mLfp4iJ3zAqfw08w2
If you are not able to access the online registration page, please RSVP to Susan Pasko with your name, affiliation, and dates of attendance.
- A block of rooms have been reserved at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Alexandria/Pentagon South at the Federal per diem rate of $182/night, plus 12% tax per night (if applicable).
- Hotel Address: 4850 Leesburg Pike, Alexandria, VA 22302; Phone: (703) 671-6500
- The hotel is 0.4 miles from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Headquarters; walk time is 10 minutes, yet hotel has will offer shuttle service each day before and after the meeting.
- To make a reservation use the following link:
- You may also call the hotel directly and ask for the group rate under U.S Fish and Wildlife Service.
Deadline for hotel reservations: Monday, October 24, 2016.
Diving Directions to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Headquarters
From I-395 (N or S):
- Take 395 (Henry G. Shirley Memorial Hwy) to Exit 5 (VA-7 W/King St) in Virginia.
- Take exit 5 (VA-7 W/King St) from 395
- Continue on VA-7 W/King St for about 1.6 miles until you cross over S. George Mason Drive.
- After crossing S. George Mason Drive, you will see a Target on your left.
- Skyline Technology Center is on the left, right after the Target, and can be accessed from the next two lights.
From Tyson’s Corner:
- Take exit #50A-B/US-50/US-29/Arlington Blvd/Lee Hwy/Fairfax/Arlington onto Arlington Blvd (US-50 E)
- Bear right toward VA-338/Falls Church/VA-7/Alexandria
- Continue on Arlington Blvd
- Bear right onto Leesburg Pike (VA-7 E) toward Alexandria
- Your destination on Leesburg Pike (VA-7 E) is on the right.
- Visitor / daily parking at U.S. Fish and Wildlife Headquarters are located in the surface parking lotsbehind 5205-5203-5201 Leesburg Pike or in front of 5111-5109 Leesburg Pike (Skyline Buildings).
- The cost is $5 for the first hour and $10 for the first two hours. After two hours, the cost is the daily maximum of $20.
- Free hotel parking is available for guests of Homewood suites.
Traveling by Metro:
- Transportation is available to/from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Headquarters at the Ballston and Pentagon City Metros.
- Homewood Suites offers complimentary shuttle to hotel guests to/from the King Street metro.
There are four shuttle services available to FWS employees and visitors:
- Shuttle Schedule
- Skyline / Ballston Metro (operated by Chariots for Hire; managed by Vornado)
Skyline / Pentagon City Metro / Crystal City Metro (operated by Chariots for Hire; managed by Vornado)
Skyline Seven / Main Interior Building (operated by International Limo; managed by FWS)
- Skyline Seven / Main Interior Building / Farragut North Metro (operated by International Limo; managed by FWS)
- Regan National Airport is the closest airport (~ 8 miles from U.S Fish and Wildlife Service building and Homewood Suites , approximately 20 minute drive time)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (~25 miles, approximately 35 minute drive time)
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport (~40 miles, approximately 1 hour drive time)
Federal Register Notice